If you have a safeguarding concern about a Hinde House child or young person, please contact the Academy safeguarding team. Out of hours or in an emergency, please call 999 or the Sheffield safeguarding hub on 0114 273 4855
Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online? CEOP is a law enforcement agency and is here to keep children and young people safe from sexual exploitation and abuse. You can report your concerns to CEOP using the link below.
If a parent/carer has any concern about the safety of any child in school, please contact one of the safeguarding team outlined below - they are there to offer support and guidance. If they are not available, a member of the Leadership Team will always offer help.
Safeguarding Children and Young People
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Child Protection is a key aspect of safeguarding which is protecting children from abuse and maltreatment. Child protection involves working with social care and/or the police when a child is deemed to be at risk of significant harm.
There are 4 categories of child abuse. These are:
Safeguarding at Hinde House School
Staff in school have a legal duty to report any concerns that they may have about the children and young people in their care; if they are concerned that the child may be suffering significant harm, particularly as a consequence of possible physical, emotional, sexual abuse or neglect.
All adults working with or on behalf of children have a responsibility to protect them. However, the key people within Hinde House Secondary School who have specific responsibilities are:
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Responsible for implementing policies and procedures, allocating resources to the safeguarding team and addressing safeguarding concerns. Also, responsible for dealing with safeguarding issues, providing advice and support to other staff, liaising with the local authority and working with other agencies:
Mr Lee Vestey (2-16) - email@example.com
Designated Safeguarding Deputies (DSD)
- Charlene Bennett (2-16) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Maclean (Primary) - email@example.com
- Karole Cotterell - (2-16) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Munif Zia (Secondary) - email@example.com
- Sue Flynn - (2-16) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mick Jones - (Secondary) - email@example.com
- Jon Ekwubiri - (Secondary) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diane Greenwood (Secondary) - email@example.com
- Danielle Wragg (Secondary) Young Carers champion - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caroline Kubica (Primary) - email@example.com
- Emil Mirga (Secondary) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Safety Coordinator
- Diane Greenwood (2-16) - email@example.com
Any allegation or disclosure involving someone who works with children in a paid or voluntary capacity must be reported directly to one of the following:
Director of Education: Simon Winslow - firstname.lastname@example.org
Non Executive Trust Governance: Alison Warner - Trustee c/o Hinde House Secondary Phase
Executive Trust Governance: Simon Winslow
If a parent/carer has any concern about the safety of any child in school, please contact one of the above - they are there to offer support and guidance. If they are not available, a member of the Senior Team will always offer help.
The school has policies on Safeguarding and Child Protection that have been agreed by the Trust Board. Information about Safeguarding is available at school Reception and on our Policies page
Please contact school if you need any further information on Safeguarding.
This is a joint project with South Yorkshire Police.